Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Whole Grain Blueberry Pancakes

Charles and I are pancake afficionados. Pumpkin, banana, blueberry, chocolate chip, oat flour, whole wheat flour, almond milk, applesauce....just a few of the many ingredients we've tried. I wanted to share these that I made this morning because I fell in love with them. So delicious. I usually use frozen blueberries in pancakes but opted to use the fresh ones I had in the fridge. Boy, was there ever a difference! The fresh ones just burst in your mouth and had so much more flavor.

I didn't post a picture of them because you probably would think I was off my rocker. My food tastes good but is rarely photogenic - ha! My son is, however.


Whole Grain Blueberry Pancakes

2 egg whites (we had some left over from ice cream - otherwise one egg would work the same)
1 cup almond milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 Tbsp honey
1/2 cup millet flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour

Beat eggs and milk together. Add following ingredients one at a time, beating as you go. Fry in sizzling canola oil and drop fresh blueberries on top of the batter in the pan.

Drool and enjoy with a drizzle of pure maple syrup.

2 comments:

  1. It does sound delicious. You are so talented to make your own recipe!

    I remember how fun it was baking with you--the one time we made "disappointing" choc. chip cookies. ;-)

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita! I used the base recipe from my Betty Crocker cookbook. Got the proportions there anyway. Quite different ingredients, though!

      It WAS fun baking together. :)

      Just think... before long, your baby will be eating pancakes and cookies!

      Delete