Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Deluxe Omelet



Hubby wanted me to post this on the blog. :) He created this for supper last night and made it again for brunch today. He saute`d mushrooms, red peppers, onions and spinach together in a drop of olive oil and then made a 3-egg omelet with mozzarella and turkey breast meat and the veggies in it. In his words, it was "possibly among the healthiest thing I've ever eaten." :D I'm pretty sure I've fed him things that were healthier, but probably not quite as good to his taste. He used to create omelets for himself with piles of sausage and bacon and fry his eggs in a pan full of butter, so he has come a long way. He's actually starting to enjoy vegetables. We are working on learning to cook with minimum oil/grease.

Nate and I are enjoying embracing healthier living together. In fact, we talk about when we will have our own home in the country and can grow our own food. BAH HAH! When I was younger I never thought I would come to that, nor when I married this city slicker did I ever assume he would say something like "We could even have a couple cows and raise them ourselves for beef" like he did after lunch.

It's so good to be doing what's healthiest for you and your family. I never thought I'd be the kind of person who added black beans to her scrambled eggs for healthier fiber and protein, or who converted her home to natural cleaning and bath/body and laundry products, or who took nutritional supplements every day (along with her husband!), or who dreamed of a little house in the country with a garden and cows of all things. But I sure do like it. And maybe the most fun part is being able to do all of this frugally, and actually save money by living healthier. It makes me feel just a tad more like the Proverbs 31 woman, you know? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment